Monday 19 August 2013

Seven Years War 15mm WIP

The beginnings of my Reichsarmee Army for Maurice.  Here are 5 infantry regiments and 2 cavalry regiments.  The army will be a collection of different states that made up this very eclectic army.  It makes for a very colourful force on the battle field.

I have followed my usual painting routine of base coat, pick out the details and the brush on Army Painter Dark Tone, however I did run out and as I am overseas working at the minute they will have to wait until I get home.


As the army is for use with Maurice they are on 30x30mm bases and 4 bases to a regiment.  I will also be able to use them with Black Powder, which is a rule set that i do like.


Here you can see an example of a 'dipped' base against a raw base, I do like the effect, it looks better in the flesh.  For me the Dip offers a quick and simple way to add a bit of depth and tone to the figures.

I aim to have this army finished quite quickly and end up with 6 Reichsarmee infantry regiments a couple of Austrian Grenadiers to add support, 7 cavalry regiments and 5 artillery pieces.

Should be good when  its all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment